Program Proposal Form 2013 | October 17-19, 2013
Embassy Suites - Loveland, CO
Program Proposal Sessions: October 17th, 8:30AM-11:30AM
1. This form must be completed in FULL. Any incomplete proposals will not be considered.
2. At the end of this form you will be asked for an email address to receive confirmation of your submission. If you do not get an email confirmation within 2 hours, your submission was NOT received.
3. Proposals will only be considered if they are submitted by the deadline - 11:59 PM, Friday, April 5, 2013. Only submissions through this form will be accepted.
4. All presenters will be required to sign and submit a speaker's agreement (which will be sent upon acceptance of your program.)
5. Notifications will take place in April. Please use contact info that will be valid for you during that time.
*** We are unable to accept proposals from those who charge fees for presenting***
What you type in the following document will appear in any CALCON promotional materials as entered, if your proposal is selected. That includes the printed conference program, any promotional materials shared through the CAL website and/or social networks. Please check your spelling, grammar and capitalization before submitting your form.
**Please do NOT use bullets or other characters/symbols. Use standard punctuation only (periods, commas, etc.)
This year we will offer the Traditional Conference programming on Thursday Morning from 9:00-11:30 AM. Open for proposals from the general membership. Here are two timing options.
* WORKSHOP: (3 hours - Thurs. 8:30-11:30 AM)- These half day programs are ideal for in depth information, a variety of speakers/perspectives on an issue, or a high level of interactivity.
* WORKSHOP PROGRAM SESSION: (1 hr 15 min - Thurs. AM)- Based on feedback from previous conferences and the trend towards more interactive and discussion-based programming, These sessions are perfect for large panel presentations, interactive workshops or programs with a lot of open discussion amongst the participants.
Place the contact information for the program's primary presenter here. This person serves as the primary contact for the program and will take on the responsibility of signing all agreements on behalf of the program.
Co-Presenters (if any)- Please list those who will be presenting with you if this is a group or panel presentation AND their email addresses.
This year our conference will be something very different. The sessions throughout the conference will apply to all conference attendees and will focus on general, inspiring and interactive ideas. The Thursday morning session is your chance to share with your peers. Don't hold back. Take us to the cutting edge, rock the boat, and shake things up in Libraryland.
In particular, your colleagues want programs about:
*Library funding solutions
*Advocacy success stories
*Customer service best-practices
*Sustainability for libraries
*Marketing in the real world
*Collaboration/breaking down organizational skills
*The future of books
*Early literacy/Youth services
*Front-line best practices
*Evaluation methods/Strategic planning
300 of 300 characters remaining
The peer review program is intended to be a scholarly presentation of original research. Each proposal submitted to be considered for peer review will be reviewed by a committee of accomplished and esteemed librarians selected by CAL's CoALA (Academic Libraries) Executive Board.
More than one proposal may be selected. The winning proposal will exhibit rigorous scholarship and originality. Although not limited to academic librarians, this presentation slot aims at providing tenure-track librarians or similar with an opportunity to share their research and develop their professional dossier. Proposals not selected for the peer reviewed presentation will be considered for program sessions at the conference that are not peer reviewed.
All program rooms will be set up in rounds by default with tables and chairs that seat 10-12 arranged in ideal workshop style. If you would like alternate seating, please select either Theatre style (chairs only, lined up facing the presentation podium) or Classroom style (narrow rectangular tables with chairs all facing towards the presentation podium). Please note that every effort will be made to accommodate room set-up preferences, but we cannot guarantee special requests.
Each program room will be equipped with a single wired microphone at the presentation podium. We are unable to provide computers for your presentation; if you need a computer for your presentation, please plan to bring your own.
If your presentation is selected and requires additional or special equipment not listed below, please indicate the specifics in the Other text box. We cannot guarantee special requests, but will make every effort to accommodate them.
Due to our contract with the convention facility, we also need to know if you are planning to bring any additional equipment (other than a laptop for your presentation) for your presentation.
150 of 150 characters remaining
Once you click "Submit" below, you should be redirected to a confirmation page with the following message: "Thank you for submitting your program proposal for the CAL Conference." You will also receive an email of your submission within 2 hours. If you do not see the confirmation page and receive the email confirmation, your proposal was not received; please resubmit.
You will be notified whether your program is accepted or not, as soon as those decisions are made. We expect notifications will take place in May.
***DID YOU CHECK YOUR SPELLING?!?! PLEASE REVIEW THAT ALL INFORMATION IS CORRECT BEFORE SUBMITTING! REMEMBER, YOUR PROPOSAL WILL APPEAR AS ENTERED IN THE PROGRAM IF YOURS IS SELECTED.